We have a fun-filled, action-packed year ahead of us with lots of amazing activities and learning to complete. I cannot wait to see you show off your skills and talents. All that I ask is that you come to school with a smile on your face and give me 110% effort every day, the rest will fall into place as we go.
Welcome to the Summer term. Our new topic is “Road-trip USA”. We have a busy term ahead with lots of exciting activities planned from growing our own bean plants to performing French nursery rhymes! Here are some of the new skills and knowledge you will be learning.
In Geography, we will be learning…
- where the USA is on a world map or globe.
- why Christopher Columbus is a significant person.
- how mountains are formed and be able to talk about mountains in the USA.
- about the similarities and differences with climate and landscape between the UK and USA.
- what problems are caused by pollution and what steps are being taken to improve this.
In Science, we will be learning…
- what a seed needs to be able to grow into a healthy plant.
- the names of parts of flowering plants and why they are important.
- how water is transported through a plant.
- how flowering plants reproduce.
- what we need light for and how we see.
- how light is reflected from different surfaces.
- what shadows are and how they might change.
In Art, we will be learning…
- the differences between primary and secondary colours.
- how to mix powder paints effectively.
- how to use different brushes and tools for different effects.
- how to create a wash to use on a landscape picture.
In Computing, we will be learning…
- how technology is used by different people for different things.
- how technology has changed.
- what the “World Wide Web” is used for and how to use it safely.
- how to create, modify and present information in different ways.
In RE, we will be learning…
- about Christian celebrations and commitments.
- the meanings of symbols, words and actions used in prayer and worship.
- about different forms of worship, prayer and meditation in different communities.
In PSHE, we will be learning…
- about how it feels to take responsibility for something within a family.
- how to negotiate and manage conflict.
- strategies to keep ourselves safe
- how the needs and rights of children are shared all over the world.
- how to express appreciation to others.
- how babies and animals grow and develop, including how our bodies change.
- how to recognise and challenge stereotypes.
In French, we will be learning…
- about the similarities between texts (nursery rhymes) in English and French.
- to memorise and perform short spoken texts (nursery rhymes)
- how to ask for a translation.
- about French verbs and nouns.
Bring P.E kit to school on Monday and take home Friday. This way we will always have it when we need it!
If you have any other queries, questions, worries or concerns please do not hesitate to ask.