We are going to become a special team who will work together, try their best, support each other and have fun and exciting times along the way. We have lots of exciting topics planned this year the first of which is Tremendous Tudors. We are all going to have a great year!
Welcome to the Summer term. Our new topic is “Road-trip USA”. We have a busy term ahead with lots of exciting activities planned from growing our own bean plants to performing French nursery rhymes! Here are some of the new skills and knowledge you will be learning.
In Geography, we will be learning…
- where the USA is on a world map or globe.
- why Christopher Columbus is a significant person.
- how mountains are formed and be able to talk about mountains in the USA.
- about the similarities and differences with climate and landscape between the UK and USA.
- what problems are caused by pollution and what steps are being taken to improve this.
In Science, we will be learning…
- what a seed needs to be able to grow into a healthy plant.
- the names of parts of flowering plants and why they are important.
- how water is transported through a plant.
- how flowering plants reproduce.
- what we need light for and how we see.
- how light is reflected from different surfaces.
- what shadows are and how they might change.
In Art, we will be learning…
- the differences between primary and secondary colours.
- how to mix powder paints effectively.
- how to use different brushes and tools for different effects.
- how to create a wash to use on a landscape picture.
In Computing, we will be learning…
- how technology is used by different people for different things.
- how technology has changed.
- what the “World Wide Web” is used for and how to use it safely.
- how to create, modify and present information in different ways.
In RE, we will be learning…
- about Christian celebrations and commitments.
- the meanings of symbols, words and actions used in prayer and worship.
- about different forms of worship, prayer and meditation in different communities.
In PSHE, we will be learning…
- about how it feels to take responsibility for something within a family.
- how to negotiate and manage conflict.
- strategies to keep ourselves safe
- how the needs and rights of children are shared all over the world.
- how to express appreciation to others.
- how babies and animals grow and develop, including how our bodies change.
- how to recognise and challenge stereotypes.
In French, we will be learning…
- about the similarities between texts (nursery rhymes) in English and French.
- to memorise and perform short spoken texts (nursery rhymes)
- how to ask for a translation.
- about French verbs and nouns.
Every morning when you come into class there will be tasks on your desk to complete, usually Magic Spelling and TT Rockstars. We will also expect you to change your reading book and fill your water bottle if you need to before you settle down to your tasks. You will need to bring your indoor and outdoor PE kits on a Monday and leave them at school all week. They can be taken home to be washed on Fridays.